Advocacy Master Class Series
The Advocacy Master Class Series for 4th – 8th year practitioners takes place each autumn and includes three criminal and two civil sessions. Each session will be chaired by one of the course directors or a practitioner of similar experience. Generally the first part of each session will be occupied by a group discussion of possible approaches to a specimen case and the second part by practical demonstrations.
Each session is accredited with 3 CPD hours and costs £30. Each event begins at 6pm and ends at 9pm and will be held at the Inner Temple.
The Criminal sessions will be chaired by Dorian Lovell-Pank QC, His Honour Judge Coleman and Alison Levitt QC and include the following sessions:
- Wednesday 30 October 2013: Opening Speeches and Cross-examination of Witnesses: What the judge expects of you
- Wednesday 13 November 2013: Cross-examination of Witnesses: What the jury expects of you
- Monday 25 November 2013: Examination of Expert Witnesses: Understanding DNA
The Civil sessions will be chaired by Michael Lerego QC, The Rt Hon Sir John Chadwick & Martin Griffiths QC and include the following sessions:
- Tuesday 22 October 2013: Ethics for the Civil Bar
- Tuesday 19 November 2013: Civil Advocacy