Paris Bar Exchange
An exchange programme for barristers of all four Inns of Court who have been in practice for up to 5 years offers the opportunity to spend the month of September doing a stage in Paris. Avocat members of the Paris Bar of similar seniority spend the month of July doing a stage in London. The Bar of Paris with the Paris Bar School (EFB) offers the following stage to up to four Barristers:
- An introductory seminar and other activities at the EFB
- A stage in an Avocat’s offices, preferably specialising in the Barrister’s field of practice
- Attendance at hearings of both interlocutory injunction applications and criminal proceedings
- Visits to the Palais de Justice, an administrative tribunal or the Conseil d’Etat with some marshalling
- Meeting between young Avocats and Barristers and a reception
- Conducting a mock trial in the Palais de Justice before French judges
Candidates for the exchange programme (who must speak fluent French) should apply by 16th May 2014 by Lettre de motivation in French with a CV in French and English plus a financial budget to:
His Honour Michael Brooke QC
c/o Eamonn O'Reilly
London EC4Y 7HL
Tel: 0207 797 8210 Fax: 0207 797 8212
Interviews will take place in the Inner Tmeple on Wednesday 21st May.
While candidates will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation, a lump sum of £750 will be payable by the Pegasus Trust. Successful completion of the exchange programme will entitle participants to 10 CPD points.
The exchanges have been a great success, both in Paris and London.
Vive l’Entente cordiale!