The Inner Temple offer a small number of scholarships for those with a minimally funded pupillage, called Benefactors’ Scholarships. They are:
- Otto Rix Scholarship: £1300
- Leonard Woodley Scholarship: £1000
- Sweet and Maxwell Scholarship: £400
- Sunley Prize: £300 (awarded by the Knights of the Round Table to those who have debated and mooted for the Inn)
- Cecile Yahuda Scholarship: £325
- Basil Nield Scholarship: £250
- Neville Laski Scholarship: £150
- Geoffrey Veale Scholarship: £100
- Ede and Ravenscroft Prize: wig, gown and circuit case
Candidates should apply on-line, using the form on the web-site. The closing date for applications for scholarships was Friday 31 May 2013. Two references are required, one academic and one personal. Click here to download the Referee Letter. The Committee will also usually expect to be provided with a letter from the Applicant’s pupil supervisor (or proposed pupil supervisor) or from the head of chambers or the chambers’ pupillage committee, confirming the funding arrangements for the pupillage. There is no interview.
Applications for 2014 will open in early May 2014.