The video interview will ask you a set of questions and set the amount of time you have to think about the question and reply.
Becoming a Barrister
- Chat to Us
- Undergraduate Societies
- Careers Guide
We will inform you by 2 August 2021
|References must be submitted by 10.00 on 02 August 2021|
|Invite to video interview will be sent out to eligible applicants on 2 August 2021|
|Midnight on 16 August 2021 is the deadline for completing the video interviews|
We will inform you by the end of August 2021
During the interview we want you to demonstrate your strengths
Once you have met the eligibility criteria for PASS, your application will be assessed based on the strengths needed to be successful on the scheme. These have been based on the skills need to be successful in completing pupillage:
We believe on PASS that there are four key strengths that you need to successful and gain the most from the experience.
- Understanding of the core elements of the Pegasus Access and Support Scheme
- Team work
- Effective prioritisation of time
- Research and written presentation of work
During the application process you need to demonstrate these strengths by clearly showing the following:
- You clearly understand how PASS could support you, including understanding the key elements of the scheme
- Provided one example of team work to deliver an outcome
- Have provided an example of a time when you have had to manage your own time to meet a deadline
- You speak with clarity, accuracy and precision
- Exercise good English Language skills
Applying for a COMBAR scholarship?
If you’re applying for the COMBAR scholarship then you must also show the following strength:
- An interest in the needs of commercial business
This can be demonstrated by:
- Show an interest in the needs of commercial business through research, reading, studying or experience (including student societies). We want you to show a strength for understanding the needs of a commercial business.
Good things to know.
We use a system called Spark Hire for our one way video interviews. Use the information below to help you get ready for a possible video interview.
|How to prepare for a video interview|
|DO calm your nerves and relax|
|DO dress professionally from head-to-toe|
|DO sit in a well-lit room with a light in front of you|
|DO be in the centre of the frame and make eye contact with the webcam|
|DO find a quiet place where you will have privacy and no distractions|
|DO speak slowly and clearly|
|DO treat a video interview just like an in-person interview|
We encourage applications from mature applicants and applicants with disabilities.If you are unable to apply online or discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence Daisy Mortimer, Outreach Manager.