The Inner Temple Social Context of the Law Lecture by Patrick O'Connor QC, introduction by The Rt Hon Sir Konrad Schiemann and with the participation of Helmuth Caspar von Moltke, 23 November 2020.
- Our vision for the future
- Call to the Bar
- Master H Meets...Again
- International Practice Panel
- Race and the Legal Profession
- Forensic Document Examination - The Science Today
- The Bar of Ireland, Brexit and the Common Law
- The History of the Law Officers
- Memory as Evidence
- The Absolute Ban on Assisted Dying and Lessons from Canada
- Brain Imaging as Evidence
- Previous Lecture Series and Speakers
- Proof in International Criminal Trials
- Forensic Identification from the Hand
- Giving Judges a Voice in Democracies
- A Public Health Approach to Equality Law
- The Predicament and Agency of Refugees
- The Wild and Ridiculous Doctrine of Equality
- What Does It Mean to Be Anti-Racist in a Profession Full of Privileged People?
- The Limits of Fiduciary Rules
- 'Sales' on Retention of Title Terms
- Show me the money!
- Special Gandhi Lecture
- Assisted Dying
- Britain's Unwritten Constitution
- Does the Bar Need to Communicate and Market Itself More in the Modern World?
- Is Anything More Needed to Ensure Freedom of Speech?
- Is the Presumption of Innocence Alive and Well?
- Peace vs Justice
- Prison Reform
- Temple Women's Forum: Planned Breaks and Return to the Bar
- Frequently asked questions
The Inner Temple and the Rule of Law: The Life of Helmuth von Moltke
Helmuth von Moltke personally and Kreisau
Letters to Freya: 1939-1945: A Witness against Hitler: edited and translated by Beate Ruhm von Oppen: Collins Harvill, 1991.
Last Letters: the prison correspondence, 1944- 1945: edited by Helmuth Caspar von Moltke, Dorothea von Moltke, and Johannes von Moltke. 2019, NYRB.
Memories of Kreisau: Freya von Moltke, 2003, Nebraska,
German Resistance to Hitler, Count von Moltke and the Kreisau Circle: Ger Van Roon: 1971, Reinhold, London.
Helmuth von Moltke: a Leader against Hitler: Balfour and Frisby: 1972, Palgrave Macmillan.
German Resistance against Hitler: Klemens von Klemperer, Clarendon Press, 1992.
Alternatives to Hitler: Hans Mommsen, Princeton, 2003.
Behind Valkyrie: German Resistance to Hitler, Documents: Peter Hoffmann: 2011, McGill-Queen’s University Press.
On the Kreisau Circle: The Restless Conscience, 1991, Hava Kohar Beller.
Love in the Time of Resistance-Freya, Starost and Grotjahn, 2016, Starostfilm.
Justice under the Third Reich.
In the name of the Volk: Political Justice in Hitler’s Germany: HW Koch: Tauris, 1989.
Hitler’s Justice: Muller: Harvard/Tauris, 1991.
The Law under the Swastika: Stolleis: University of Chicago Press: 1998.
The Law in Nazi Germany: ed. Steinweis and Rachlin: Berghahn Books, 2013.
Nazi Law: from Nuremberg to Nuremberg: ed. Michalczyk, Bloomsbury, 2018.
Reckonings: Legacies of Nazi Persecution and the Quest for Justice: Professor Mary Fulbrook, OUP, 2018.
A memorial address on the 60th anniversary of his Call to the Bar of 15 November 1998 at The Temple Church by The Rt Hon Sir Konrad Schiemann