Vacancy for: Paralegal
Reporting to: All London Office Lawyers
Department: Litigation/Insurance Law
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications
Hours: 9.00am to 5.30pm
We are currently seeking an experienced litigation paralegal for our London based Insurance Practice. The ideal the candidate should have a minimum of 2-3 years litigation paralegal experience preferably in insurance litigation including document management, or have strong legal qualifications (such as Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice). Strong writing, research and organisational skills are required.
The candidate must:
- Possess a good knowledge of CPR Rules, Civil Procedures and Civil Court Forms
- Have excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Have Advanced Word and basic Excel skills.
- Be pro-active and a self-starter with plenty of initiative and resilience, but who equally thrives in a team-based environment. This is a very collegial environment.
- Be confident with a strong eye for detail.
- Treat all work as strictly confidential.
About the Position and Ideal Candidate
The candidate will report to all lawyers with the London office, and will also be expected to work autonomously through his or her own initiative. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the following duties:
- Undertaking legal and other research tasks using various resources
- Assisting lawyers with case updated
- Liaising with witnesses and experts, preparing statements
- Liaising with loss adjusters
- Drafting notice/letters of claim
- Preparing and drafting detailed schedules of loss
- Preparing various court documentation and attending court to lodge applications, have orders sealed etc.
- Listing and paginating bundles of documents
To fulfill the above responsibilities, the successful candidate will operate within a busy working environment, but with a degree of autonomy in order to meet crucial daily deadlines and assist with on-going project related work. In addition the successful candidate needs to be highly organised, be able to judge what is urgent and what tasks should take priority. Be accurate and efficient in the work produced. Be flexible. This position calls for a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality. The person needs to be a good communicator and to have a friendly and courteous manner.
Remuneration and Benefits
The firm offers the following package:
- Highly competitive basic salary according to experience and qualifications.
- Discretionary Performance Bonus.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Group Income Protection Scheme
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan.
Cozen O’Connor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex, or any unlawful factor.
All CVs should be sent to Joanne Hildebrandt at firstname.lastname@example.org