The Inner Temple arranges events throughout the year to give prospective members a taste of how to become a barrister, life at the Inn and a general insight into the legal world.
The Inn organises four large annual university presentations in October, the largest of which is in London in Inner Temple Hall. This is an excellent opportunity to hear from a panel of speakers about life at the Bar as well as to interact informally with barristers and judges in the receptions that follow. Registration is required for all events and will open in September 2014.
- Cambridge Regional Presentation: 21 October 2014, 6:30pm
- London Regional Presentation: 23 October 2014, 5:30pm
- Bristol Regional Presentation: 28 October 2014, 6:00pm
- Oxford Regional Presentation: 30 October 2014, 6:30pm
Inner Temple, in partnership with the Bar Council, attends numerous law fairs across England and Wales each year. Representatives from the Inns of Court and Bar Council attended over 20 law fairs in Autumn 2013.
Representatives also give talks about careers at the Bar, the Inns of Court and scholarships to university and BPTC students throughout the year.
The Inner Temple holds court visits and receptions with local practitioners and students throughout the year. Further receptions are being organised for the 2013-14 academic year.
- Kingston Talk and Reception: 3 March 2014
- Portsmouth Reception: 28 February 2014
- Southampton Regional Dinner: 27 February 2014
- Warwickshire Workshop on Scholarships: 23 October 2013
- Liverpool Debate: 13 November 2013
- Winchester Workshop on Scholarships: 27 November 2013
- Portsmouth Reception: 15 March 2013
- Cardiff reception: 28 February 2013
- Durham reception: 1 November 2012
- Exeter reception: 5 March 2012
- Southampton reception: 24 January 2012
- Leeds reception & dinner: 2 December 2011
- Newcastle reception: 14 November 2011
- Birmingham reception: 12 October 2011
Question & Answer Day
In conjunction with the Junior Bar Association, the Inner Temple runs an annual Open Day entitled 'Question & Answer Day' in June. This gives students an opportunity to partake in a number of lectures workshops including sessions on: how to structure a legal CV, interview tips & tricks, training for the Bar and life as a pupil/barrister. This is then followed by a drinks reception. The next event will be on 15 June 2014.
Registration is now closed and the event is fully booked.