Monday 22 March 2021
Professor Sir John Baker QC (Emeritus Downing Professor Emeritus of the Laws of England 1998-2011 and Inner Temple Bencher) and Professor John Wass (Professor of Endocrinology, University of Oxford and Inner Temple Bencher) in conversation with His Honour Donald Cryan (former Treasurer of The Inner Temple).
- Our vision for the future
- Call to the Bar
- Master H Meets...Again
- What Does a Master of the Bench Do?
- International Practice Panel
- Race and the Legal Profession
- Forensic Document Examination - The Science Today
- The Bar of Ireland, Brexit and the Common Law
- The History of the Law Officers
- Memory as Evidence
- The Absolute Ban on Assisted Dying and Lessons from Canada
- Brain Imaging as Evidence
- Previous Lecture Series and Speakers
- Proof in International Criminal Trials
- Forensic Identification from the Hand
- Giving Judges a Voice in Democracies
- A Public Health Approach to Equality Law
- The Predicament and Agency of Refugees
- The Wild and Ridiculous Doctrine of Equality
- What Does It Mean to Be Anti-Racist in a Profession Full of Privileged People?
- The Limits of Fiduciary Rules
- 'Sales' on Retention of Title Terms
- Show me the money!
- Special Gandhi Lecture
- Assisted Dying
- Britain's Unwritten Constitution
- Does the Bar Need to Communicate and Market Itself More in the Modern World?
- Is Anything More Needed to Ensure Freedom of Speech?
- Is the Presumption of Innocence Alive and Well?
- Peace vs Justice
- Prison Reform
- Should UK Judges and ex-Judges Be Sitting in Hong Kong?
- Temple Women's Forum: Planned Breaks and Return to the Bar
- Frequently asked questions
Law in a Time of Plague - Was the Law a Good Doctor
Monday 22 March 2021
Epidemics and Society: From the Black Death to the Present
Frank M Snowden, Yale University Press 2020
On Pandemics: Deadly Diseases from Bubonic Plague to Coronavirus
David Waltner-Toews, Greystone Books 2020
Viruses Plagues and History: Past, Present and Future
Michael Oldstone, Oxford University Press 2020
Plague - A Very Short Introduction
Paul Slack, OUP 2012
The Impact of Plague in Tudor and Stuart England
Paul Slack, OUP 1985