Monday 13 February 2023
The Rt Hon The Lord Butler of Brockwell KG GCB CVO PC (Cabinet Secretary, Head of the Home Civil Service 1988-1998)
Introduced by The Reader, The Hon Mr Justice Soole
- Our vision for the future
- Call to the Bar
- International Practice Panel
- Dr Ivy Williams, An Enduring Inspiration to Women Lawyers
- Gilds and Things
- The History of The Inner Temple through its Treasures
- Human Rights in Britain and France: From Thomas Becket to the French Revolution
- Law in a Time of Plague - Was the Law a Good Doctor
- Lawyers and Diplomats
- The Selden Society: John Selden and Legal History
- The Selden Society: The Fire Courts
- The Smirkes and The Inner Temple
- Treasures from the Library
- William Crashawe's Library
- Munich – Why?
- Master H Meets...Again
- Have We "Had Enough of Experts"?
- Race and the Legal Profession
- Giving Judges a Voice in Democracies
- Experts: Love or Loath? The Involvement of Experts in Legal Proceedings
- The Executive and the Courts in the Constitution
- Lawyer or Politician: What is the Attorney General?
- Sport - Law and Ethics
- Memory as Evidence
- Politics and the Law
- Previous Lecture Series and Speakers
- Proof in International Criminal Trials
- 'Sales' on Retention of Title Terms
- Show me the money!
- Forensic Identification from the Hand
- Brain Imaging as Evidence
- The Bar of Ireland, Brexit and the Common Law
- The History of the Law Officers
- A Public Health Approach to Equality Law
- Forensic Document Examination - The Science Today
- The Absolute Ban on Assisted Dying and Lessons from Canada
- Calling It Out: Professionals, their Regulators, Equity and Fairness
- The Limits of Fiduciary Rules
- The Predicament and Agency of Refugees
- The Role of the Medical Examiner
- The Wild and Ridiculous Doctrine of Equality
- What Does It Mean to Be Anti-Racist in a Profession Full of Privileged People?
- Assisted Dying
- Asylum and Immigration: Do Sovereign Island Nations have a Duty to Provide Refuge?
- Is it Better to Review or Monitor Terror Laws? The UK and Australian Positions Compared
- Is Our Adversarial System Fit for Purpose?
- Ukraine War: Peace-making Ahead – Traditional Methods of Accountability or New Solutions?
- AI: Risks and Benefits
- Britain's Unwritten Constitution
- The Crime of Ecocide
- Global Responses to the Forcibly Displaced
- Does the Bar Need to Communicate and Market Itself More in the Modern World?
- Is Anything More Needed to Ensure Freedom of Speech?
- Is There a Case for Anonymity in Social Media?
- Is the Presumption of Innocence Alive and Well?
- Peace vs Justice
- Prison Reform
- The Rule of Law in Times of International Conflict
- Should our Constitution Protect Against Party Elected Leaders?
- Should UK Judges and ex-Judges Be Sitting in Hong Kong?
- Special Gandhi Lecture
- What Does a Master of the Bench Do?
- Frequently asked questions
Politics and the Law
Monday 13 February 2023
volume_up volume_down volume_off