The Inner Temple Social Context of the Law Lecture by The Rev’d Jonathan Aitken and Chris Daw QC. Moderated by Libby Purves OBE, 2 February 2021.
- Our vision for the future
- Call to the Bar
- International Practice Panel
- Master H Meets...Again
- Race and the Legal Profession
- Show me the money!
- Forensic Document Examination - The Science Today
- The Bar of Ireland, Brexit and the Common Law
- The History of the Law Officers
- Memory as Evidence
- The Absolute Ban on Assisted Dying and Lessons from Canada
- Brain Imaging as Evidence
- Previous Lecture Series and Speakers
- Proof in International Criminal Trials
- Forensic Identification from the Hand
- Giving Judges a Voice in Democracies
- A Public Health Approach to Equality Law
- The Limits of Fiduciary Rules
- The Predicament and Agency of Refugees
- The Wild and Ridiculous Doctrine of Equality
- What Does It Mean to Be Anti-Racist in a Profession Full of Privileged People?
- 'Sales' on Retention of Title Terms
- Asylum and Immigration: Do Sovereign Island Nations have a Duty to Provide Refuge?
- Assisted Dying
- Britain's Unwritten Constitution
- The Crime of Ecocide
- Does the Bar Need to Communicate and Market Itself More in the Modern World?
- Is Anything More Needed to Ensure Freedom of Speech?
- Is There a Case for Anonymity in Social Media?
- Is the Presumption of Innocence Alive and Well?
- Peace vs Justice
- Prison Reform
- The Rule of Law in Times of International Conflict
- Should UK Judges and ex-Judges Be Sitting in Hong Kong?
- Special Gandhi Lecture
- Temple Women's Forum Autumn Networking Event
- Temple Women's Forum: Planned Breaks and Return to the Bar
- What Does a Master of the Bench Do?
- Frequently asked questions
A Bit of a Stretch: The Diaries of a Prisoner Chris Atkins (2020)
Justice on Trial: Radical Solutions for a System at Breaking Point Chris Daw (2020)
Sins of Fathers: A Spectacular Break from a Criminal, Dark Past Michael Emmett with Harriet Compston (2021)
Justice and Penal Reform: Re-shaping the Penal Landscape Stephen Farrall (Editor) (2016)
Discipline and Punish: The Birth of the Prison (Penguin Modern Classics) Michel Foucault (1975)
Shades of the Prison House: A History of Incarceration in the British Isles Harry Potter (2019)
Pain and Retribution: A Short History of British Prisons, 1066 to the Present by David Wilson (2014)