Filming at Inner Temple
The Inner Temple is frequently used as a location for film and television productions as well as still photography and interviews for current affairs programmes. Permission to film or photograph anywhere on the estate is always required and such enquiries should be directed to the Treasury Office.
Productions have included:
- BBC’s Oliver Twist (starring Rob Brydon, Gregor Fisher, Edward Fox, Tom Hardy, Sarah Lancashire, Sophie Okonedo, Julian Rhind-Tutt, John Sessions and Timothy Spall)
- ITV’s Poirot (starring David Suchet, Hugh Fraser, Philip Jackson and Pauline Moran)
- The Da Vinci Code (starring Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou and Sir Ian McKellen)
- BBC’s Inspector Lynley Mysteries (starring Nathaniel Parker and Sharon Small)
- Stephen Poliakoff's The Lost Prince (starring Miranda Richardson, Michael Gambon, Gina McKee and Tom Hollander)
- Rob Marshall's The Pirates of the Carribean; On Stranger Tides (starring Jonny Depp and Penelope Cruz). The Inner Temple rooms and car park were used for the film crew.
- Scott James Bassett's The Mapmaker (starring Charles Dance, Jenny Agutter, Rachel Hurd-Wood and Harry Eden)
- BBC's Silk (starring Maxine Peake, Rupert Penry-Jones and Neil Stuke)
It should be noted that permission is usually only given for filming at weekends and sometimes during legal vacations but each enquiry is considered on its own merits.
If you're interested in using The Inner Temple as a location, please use the left hand menu for more information.
For further information or to arrange a visit, please contact: