Pegasus Access and Support Scheme (PASS)
PASS is a leading programme designed to support aspiring barristers who have not yet started the BPTC.
PASS was established by the Inner Temple and 62 different partner chambers across a range of practice areas.
Our aim is to improve access to the profession and to support high achieving students from under-represented backgrounds by providing the experiences they need to be able to thrive at the Bar.
PASS aims to do this by securing a mini-pupillage in chambers for each participant. PASS also supports participants by providing a focused professional and advocacy skills development programme.
The Inner Temple covers the associated travel and accommodation costs for PASS so that the participants can fully enjoy the mini-pupillage experience and the development programme.We’re looking for candidates who have attended a UK state school and who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Recipient of free schools meals
- First in their family to attend university
- Have parents (s) who received income support or they themselves are in receipt of income or housing benefits
- School area: Preference is given to those students who have attended schools with a low attainment and progression to higher education rate
Preference for PASS is given to applicants who have participated in the following programmes:
- Inner Temple schools project
- Pathway to Law
- Social Mobility Foundation programmes
- Warwick Multicultural Scholars programme
- Black Lawyers Directory Legal Launch Pad
- Urban Lawyers
We encourage applications from mature applicants and applicants with disabilities.