Funding to attend the Keble Advanced Advocacy Course
Each year, Inner Temple offers funding for up to five of its members (from any circuit) to attend the South Eastern Circuit’s Keble Advanced Advocacy Course at Keble College, Oxford. The course usually takes place at the end of August / beginning of September each year.
Applicants for Inner Temple funding must:
- Be members of the Inner Temple.
- Be currently in practice as barristers and hold a current practising certificate.
- Have been in practice for a minimum of 3 full years and a maximum of 7 full years (not including pupillage).
- Have successfully completed the New Practitioners’ Advocacy Course (for barristers in years 1-3 of practice / employment) at the Inn or on circuit.
- Have a practice / be in employment, undertaking publicly funded work in whole or in substantial part.
Application forms for the Keble course and for Inn funding are available from the South Eastern Circuit in the spring of each year with a closing date of end of June/beginning of July. Links to the application forms and closing dates are published on this page at the appropriate time.